What is Java Memory Care?
The Java Memory Care Program is an adaptation of the successful Java Music Club program and is designed to improve quality of life for those living with late stage dementia.
It gives staff the tools to:
1) cultivate meaningful emotional engagement; and
2) enhance resident to resident interactions.
How does Java Memory Care work?
Facilitators of the program use an easy to follow step by step guide. The program includes a calming getting centered practice and innovative approaches to using themes, photography, music, and readings.
It is applied to small groups (3-4 residents) or one-on-one using the rich resource of materials provided.
What comes with the program?
- ‘Group Manual’ with 52 laminated theme pages with large size photos
- Quotes and readings in a separate large print book
- A ‘Facilitator’s Guide’ (detailed step by step instructions and learning activities)
- An illustrated study guide of techniques for engaging residents with advanced dementia.
- A PowerPoint teaching tool for staff, volunteer and family care partners and a program evaluation
- A set of handheld windchimes for the getting centered practice
- 8 CD’s of custom recorded songs in lower singable keys—no musical abilities required
- A ‘Forms CD’ that includes helpful program materials, training handouts, invitations etc.
Call to order 1-866-523-2411 (toll free) or email [email protected]
Watch the video below!